There are numerous ways to increase traffic for a website such as search engine optimization, social media marketing, and local buzz. These methods, however, may take some time before any results could be seen. Some businesses that want to get results now turn to Pay Per Click (PPC) marketing.
Pay Per Click marketing is the “way to go” if you’re looking for immediate results in traffic increase. PPC advertising is a strong option to get targeted & fast results to a landing page quickly. It works by paying a search engine, say Google, a certain amount for placing your ads on a site at the top of organic search results. Yes! The results can be immediate, but there is a right and wrong way to execute a campaign. Landing pages need to be developed that are highly relevant and that give your audience a great experience. This is to ensure a more significant return on investment throughout the longevity of the campaign.
When a person clicks on your ad, a Cost Per Click (CPC) must be paid. It’s a pretty straightforward concept, but there are things to keep in mind before starting a PPC campaign.
- Targeting – it’s important to know who the target audience is and choose keywords that would appeal to them. Also, if going for a global scale, a global paid advertising tool must be used. There are also tools that target specific areas only.
- Call-to-Action – there should always be some call-to-action in the ad that tells the people what they can expect when they click on it.
- A Website with Good Design – when someone clicks on the ad, he/she expects to see what he/she was told and the website should deliver with a nicely designed page and relevant content.
- Your website homepage Is Not a Landing Page. Repeat … a homepage is not a landing page. Don’t be sending targeted customers to a non-targeted homepage. Create a simple landing page that picks up right where your ad left off.
- Don’t lose your visitor — and potential sale — by confusing them with unnecessary content
PPC is great for those looking for quick traffic and have money to spend. Combining this with other SEO strategies will help drive traffic to the website. You may want to discuss your PPC campaign with someone to help improve your hopes of gaining a greater ROI and making the whole process more enjoyable.